Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New workshop and first sock!

Even though the sunshine has gone and it's actually jolly cold today, Treacle are happy and busy as little bees.  I am so proud and excited that I have just finished my first ever sock on 4 needles - and that's it, I am hooked.  As a knitter who ordinarily cannot even contemplate knitting on anything finer than a DK, I am now thinking perhaps socks in 4 ply may be a new passion ...  What is it we tell our customers about starting early for Christmas gifts!!

And to go hand in hand with my new found skill, Treacle has a brand new workshop, Knitting in the Round.  It will be on June 26th, 10-1230, £20.  Come to this half-day workshop and learn how to knit on 4 double-pointed needles, and on a single circular needle using the Magic Loop method. Look at examples of in-the-round knitting, including socks, mittens, cowls, hats, colourwork, and sweaters.

Go home with a pretty coffee cosy and a new skill that will allow you to knit seamlessly, with no sewing up and no endless purl rows!  If you'd like to book a place, call the shop on 01670 504045 or email us info@treaclewoolshop.co.uk.

And I could do with finishing the other sock pretty darn sharpish if the sun stays hidden ...  Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment